Data Quality and Caveats for the HOPE instrument
Known issues in Data Release 01 and 02
This list needs to be filled in with more detail.
- Frequent periods when counting rates are near 1-count level. When the fluxes are low, counting statistics can produce significant errors and uncertainties.
- Operational changes in January for energies and time-of-flight tables
- Feature of pre-September 5/6, 2013 data where flux binning is messy
- HOPE uses highly time-dependent, multi-mode operations (e.g., Burst support mode) and hence the data sets can be complicated
- Low energy correction for spacecraft velocity not yet corrected
- Different energy tables and modes for apogee versus perigee
- No spacecraft potential flags or corrections (can be significant)